- This event has passed.
McGill AMR Innovation Summit
November 19, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Antimicrobials in the era of AMR
During World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (Nov. 18-24 2021), the McGill AMR Centre and Innovation + Partnership office are hosting the inaugural McGill AMR Innovation Summit, a virtual event aimed at discussing antimicrobial R&D and building collaborations and partnerships between McGill scientists and non-academic stakeholders.
- 14:00-14:30 Keynote speaker Erin Duffy, PhD (public event)
- 14:30-15:00 Panel discussion (public event)
- 15:00-16:00 Industry-Academic networking event (private event)
Keynote speaker Erin Duffy, PhD, Chief of R&D, CARB-X
CARB-X is a global non-profit partnership dedicated to accelerating antibacterial research to tackle the global rising threat of drug-resistant bacteria. With up to US$480 million to invest in 2016-22, CARB-X portfolio is the world’s largest early development pipeline in AMR.
Panel discussion Challenges and opportunities for antimicrobial R&D in the era of AMR
With experts from industry and academia.
• David Claveau, PhD, Director, Medical Affairs at AVIR Pharma
• Erin Duffy, PhD, Chief of Research & Development, CARB-X
• Joseph Mancini, PhD, Head of Pharmacology and Biologics, Senior Director at adMare BioInnovations
• Nicolas Moitessier, PhD, Professor in Chemistry (McGill), co-founder of Molecular Forecaster
• Martin Schmeing, PhD, Professor in Biochemistry (McGill), Director of Centre for Structural Biology
• Christopher Tan, PhD, Director, Business Development & Licensing, Search & Evaluation, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines at Merck Research Laboratories
Registration is free but required.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]