September 23 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-7
How should companies reframe their thinking, branding, and outreach to create more robust and diverse talent pools?
This workshop explores the best practices around diversity recruiting. We will help participants better understand inclusive hiring strategies and identify the talent acquisition protocols and support tools that are most effective in attracting and retaining diverse talent.
• Describe the important role that DEI plays in the workplace
• Understand the difference between diversity recruiting and hiring
• Identify and examine barriers to successful diversity recruiting
• Discuss ideas to remove barriers
• List and explore strategies to successfully onboard diverse candidates
Candace Nortey, M.S., Executive Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Slone Partners
Candace Nortey is a strategic planner, consultant, innovator, and executive trainer who serves as Slone Partners’ Executive Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). In her role, Nortey guides and expands the company’s programming designed to enhance opportunities for minority candidates, and manages Slone Partners’ DEI line of products and services, customized to meet the needs of client partners seeking DEI consult, guidance, and strategic planning. She also provides operational support for the company’s ENVISION mentorship program, connecting students from underrepresented communities with accomplished professions in the life science industry.