- This event has passed.
Battling Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
September 28, 2021 @ 10:45 am - 11:15 am
About 37 million Americans adults have Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and millions more are at an increased risk*. As we gain greater understanding of kidney disease pathophysiology, we anticipate developing more effective therapeutics and tools for prevention and treatment.
In this webinar, our panel of scientific experts and entrepreneurs will discuss the latest science and new areas of discovery they feel are primed to help overcome the current challenges of CKD.
We will cover some specific topics including:
- Strategies to stop the progression and reverse the sequence of the disease
- New insights into pathways or mechanisms for kidney repair from novel technologies
- Challenges and opportunities on new therapeutic modalities for CKD, e.g. siRNA, protein degraders, gene therapy, etc.
- Strategies for tissue specific drug delivery to the kidney
- Key biomarkers and new technologies for predicting kidney damage and rate of disease progression
Johnson & Johnson Innovation is inviting innovators with potential solutions for Chronic Kidney Disease to apply for the opportunity to be considered for a 1-on-1 meeting. Some of the key potential solutions we are looking for include:
- Reducing /stopping Albuminuria
- Repairing kidney structure and function
- Non-invasive quantification of Renal Fibrosis
- Identification of fast progressors of the disease
- New delivery technologies for kidney diseases
Additional areas of interest include unmet needs in:
- Acute kidney injury
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- gA nephropathy